As Hooten Construction President since 2014, Robert drives the leadership and direction of the firm with integrity, professionalism, and the experience of 25 years in the field. He values strong relationships and open communication with his clients, partners, and team members.
Robert founded Hooten Construction (formerly CBP Constructors) not simply to build and renovate multi-family projects with excellence, but also from a desire to strengthen the communities where those families live. At Hooten, Robert has a track record of donating time, training, funding and in-kind support to communities served across the region. Since its inception, Robert has been a key player in the growth of Hooten Construction, taking pride in his role of overseeing the company’s strategic growth and pursuit of diverse projects.
Previously Robert served in project management roles at the Hanover Company, Shelco Inc., and American South General Contractors. Robert holds a B.Sc. in Construction Management from East Carolina University as well as holding many licenses and certificates.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Maryland General Contractor License
- State of Virginia Class A (Unlimited) General Contractors License
- State of Maryland Home Improvement Contractor License
- District of Columbia General Contractor License
- North Carolina General Contractor License
- State of New Jersey Home Improvement Contractor License
- State of Pennsylvania Home Improvement Contractors License
- Dale Carnegie Leadership for Managers Certificate
Professional and Personal Affiliations:
- Maryland Affordable Housing Coalition
- Associated Builders and Contractors Metro Washington Chapter
- East Carolina Associations
- Rebuilding Together Baltimore
- Rebuilding Together Howard County